Cooking with Chef Catherine Price in creating Strawberry Bruschetta.
- 1 1/2 lbs of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Lidrivio olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons peach schnapps
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 baguette French bread or similar Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup lidrivio olive oil
- 3-4 ounces of goat cheese
Preheat the oven to 450°F with a rack in the top slot of the oven.
Remove the stems from the strawberries and finely chop. Place them in a medium bowl.
Mix in 1 Tbsp Lidrivio olive oil, the white balsamic vinegar and peach schnapps. Stir in the chopped mint leaves.
Use a bread knife slice the baguette on the diagonal making half-inch thick slices.
Brush one side of each slice with olive oil using a pastry brush and place olive oil-side down on a baking sheet. Brush the other side of the baguette with Lidrivio olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
When the oven has reached 450°F place the slices in the oven on the top rack and toast for 5 to 6 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
Spread a thin layer of goat cheese on the top of each slice of toasted bread.
Arrange the toasted bread on a platter, either serve the toasts with the goat cheese with a bowl of the strawberry bruschetta mixture on the side for people to top their own, or use a spoon to gently top each toasted bread slice with some of the strawberry mixture.
If you top each slice individually, do it right before serving.